A breakout group is a subset of the community in which members can participate in discussions and share resources.
To create a breakout group,
- on your home page, click on the name of the community in which you want to create a breakout group.
- on the community page, click on the 'create a breakout group' button.
- On the next screen, click on 'Add.'
- Using the provided template,
- enter the name of the breakout group.
- write a description of the group.
- add a thumbnail image (optional).
- click save.
To add members to the breakout group,
- click on 'Manage Members.'
There are two options available to you.
- Click on Invite New Member.
- Enter the User's Email in the provided space.
- Click on Check User.
- You will see a message indicating that the user has been added to the breakout group
- In the provided field, enter the user's email address or name.
- Be sure that 'Members and Non-Members" button is checked, since you are adding a new members who are not yet members of the community.
- put a check mark next to the person who you want to add to the breakout group.